Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, February 6, 2013. Filed under: ,

I'm baaaaaaaaaack!!!!!

I've been spending a lot of time on my couch with my trusty laptop lately, and what better way to pass the time than to spend hours perusing Pinterest?  Oh my gosh y'all, I'm so addicted to Pinterest it's not even funny.  Take away my Facebook for a week, I wouldn't care at all.  Take away my Pinterest for a day, and I'd probably have withdrawal symptoms and end up in some hospital sedated with a "P" shape in my pupil.  I just love that it has everything!  And it's so easy to organize.  Crafts, recipes, and organization.  Three of my loves, all in one handy website.

My "team" at work had a food day yesterday, and I figured what better inspiration for a treat to bring than my Recipes board on Pinterest?!?!? (Link here for anyone that wants to see).  I'm such a picky eater, and I'm on a fairly restricted diet, so I like that I can poke around so many blogs and get such great ideas.  I'm currently worshiping Plain Chicken and Budget Bytes for their amazing culinary creativity.

Anyway, for food day, I decided to bring in Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip muffins, because who doesn't love peanut butter, chocolate, and/or muffins?  Link to the original pin here

They were super simple to make, and I already had all of the ingredients in my fridge or my pantry, which is always a win for me.

Some of the ingredients...I meant to take a picture of all of them, but I was a bad blogger :(


Ingredients:
2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 c. peanut butter
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1 c. chocolate chips (the original recipe called for 3/4 c. mini chocolate chips, but I embellished)

Looks almost as good as chocolate chip cookie dough!


Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.  Mix flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar together in large bowl, set aside.  Mix butter, peanut butter, eggs and milk in large bowl until combined.  Mix in dry ingredients just until combined - be careful not to overstir!  Add in chocolate chips.  Fill muffin tins with mixture (about three tablespoons per tin.  I used a my small cookie scoop from Pampered Chef and did three scoops per tin and it worked perfectly.)  Bake 17-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in to center of muffin comes out clean.  Makes approximately 24 muffins.


The nice thing about these muffins is that they aren't overly sweet.  They would actually make a good breakfast on the go option in my mind.  They didn't have an overwhelming peanut butter taste.  In fact, it was kind of hard to taste the peanut butter.  Next time I make them, I think I'm going to experiment with the butter to peanut butter ratio and see how that works out.  But I definitely will be making them again!  

No Responses to Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

Leave a Reply