Beauty Bag: Mary Kay Primer

Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, March 28, 2013. Filed under:

So when it comes to make up, for the longest time I was a bare bones kind of girl.  I would slap on some eyeliner and some mascara, swipe on some Chapstick, and I was good to go.  Boom.  Out the door.

I miss those days.

Once I hit my late teens/early twenties, my face turned in to a giant oil slick.  Any makeup that I would put on melted off within hours.  If I wanted my makeup to stay looking good, I would have to re-apply it several times throughout the day.  My pores enlarged to the size of craters, and no matter how much I cleansed and scrubbed and exfoliated they were dark and icki and just not pretty.

So I added foundation to my routine to help cover it up.  I figured that would smooth everything out and bring back the dewy look that I longed for from my teens.  Yeah.  Not so much.  I could not for the life of me figure out what I was doing wrong.

Enter Mary Kay Primer.  I went to a consultant event with my friend, and at the event I got to try out some new products that I wouldn't normally use.  The primer was one of those products, and when I first went to put it on, I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of unimpressed.  The primer is a gel formula, and when you first squeeze it out of the tube it feels kind of greasy.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I was being told to smear this oily feeling product on my face when I had already complained that my face was a giant oil manufacturing plant in the first place.

Please excuse the shadow under my nails that make them look dirty - I swear they're clean
The primer goes on feeling a little slimy, but it dries almost instantly to leave your face feeling silky smooth.  It  provides a smooth coat for your foundation to glide over and adhere to.  My makeup lasts so much longer when I use my primer.  When I go to wash my face at the end of the day, there is still foundation left there to wash off; it hasn't all melted away.  Any foundation or blush I apply actually stays on top of my skin without sinking in to those moon-sized craters I was complaining about earlier.  And my favorite part...it doesn't clog my pores at all.  The almost powder-smooth finish it dries to doesn't settle in to my pores and make me break out.  The other awesome part??  It contains an SPF 15 sunscreen.  Two thumbs up for UV protection!

If you're not currently using a primer underneath your foundation, I would seriously recommend not only using a primer, but trying out Mary Kay's amazing primer in the pretty pink tube.


If you want to learn more about Mary Kay's Foundation Primer, or are interested in trying it out for yourself, check it out here.



*** As with my other Mary Kay reviews, all opinions are mine.  I am not compensated to review the products.  I purchase all of these products with my own money, and I use them in my daily life.  If you shop with the link I provided, my friend Clarissa does receive compensation.  She's good people.  She dreams of making a career out of Mary Kay and becoming a regional director.  I wouldn't link you to her site if she wasn't legit :) ***

No Responses to Beauty Bag: Mary Kay Primer

Leave a Reply