Beauty Bag: Tarte Concealer

Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, April 2, 2013. Filed under:

Remember those days when you didn't have to worry about dark circles under your eyes, or masking the dark spots that have appeared on your face over time (possibly from having one of the worst teen skin care habits ever: picking at pimples)?  I don't know about you, but for me those days have passed, and the only days I don't need to conceal some smudge or blemish on my face is the days I don't bother to put on makeup at all.  I'm sad to say, with a work from home job, those days are becoming much more frequent.  Which is sad for all of you who think I'm crazy to say that, because I love putting on makeup and playing with the pretty pots and brushes and seeing the (scary) before and the (decent) after.

For my concealer, I rely on Tarte's Smooth Operator Amazonian clay concealer.  It's the perfect amount of coverage, and stays on alllllllllll day long - and all night long, for that matter.


It comes in a tube like a lipstick, and swivels up just like one, too.  I use my fingers to apply it so I can get the exact amount that I want, and also so that I can warm it up a little before I apply it to the spot that needs to be concealed.  I find it blends a lot better when it's a little warm, because it's much more malleable.


I get my Tarte products from Ulta.  Here's the link to my concealer:  Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer.  I know Sephora sells Tarte as well, and I think some random places like QVC do too.  I just like Ulta because it's closest to me - hooray for convenience.  And coupons in the mail.  :)

On a side note, I'm totally ready for summer to come.  Not because I like the warm weather - I don't - but because I need it to stay light out longer!  My learning how to take pretty pictures is suffering due to lack of natural light!  

Speaking of pretty pictures...when I was tinkering to get the shots of my concealer tube just right, one of my dogs was patiently waiting for me to come fold the laundry she was pinning down, and I just happened to catch her in an adorable moment so I had to share:

This is Duchess, our 2 year old Chihuahua mix

Tell me those big brown eyes don't melt your heart a little!!  And notice, she has flawless fur, so no need for the Tarte concealer that she tried to steal from me.  

And on those random notes - that's my concealer!  And my dog.  :)


No Responses to Beauty Bag: Tarte Concealer

Leave a Reply