Decorating the Bedroom: Part 2

Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, May 15, 2013. Filed under: ,



After writing this post about trying to pick a paint color for my bedroom, I headed over to my local Sherwin Williams store to grab some paint chips to hang on my bedroom wall to try to pick a paint color.  Husband loves the paint color "Anonymous", and I'm a big fan of "Dovetail" and "Keystone Gray".  I also stopped by my local Menard's, and picked out the Dutch Boy colors "Dried Plain" and "Lake Cottage".  Husband really likes "Lake Cottage", too. 


I really like all of these colors, and was having problems narrowing them down, so I figured maybe I was going about this the wrong way.  Maybe I needed to find some new bedding that I loved, and pink the paint color to match the bedding!  Stroke of genius, right?  So I headed to Target.  I recently re-discovered Target as an amazing store for home decor, after going years with only buying from Kohl's, Crate & Barrel, and Bed, Bath & Beyond for any home decor I needed.  I took Husband to Target with me, figuring that it was his bedroom, too, so his input was important.

This was probably a combination of the worst two ideas I've had in quite some time.

{source}


I'm in love with this comforter set, and thought it would look fabulous with the darker Anonymous-colored walls that Husband loved...but Husband vetoed this comforter set right away.  No hesitation.  I was devastated.

{source}

Husband is a big fan of this comforter.  It's a darker teal than it looks like in this photo.  I'm not 100% sold on it...to me, the pinched pleats just look wrinkly.  

{source}

This is a quilt option that we both liked.  I love the gingham look and how easy it would be to dress up with accessories, but with the wall colors we're considering I worry that it would be too much gray in our bedroom.

{source}
We both agree on this one, too, but again with the overwhelming gray.  The nice thing about this one that you can't really see in this photo is that it has a bit of a metallic shimmer to it that I think is really pretty.

{source}

Husband and I both like this set...it comes in a quilt option and a comforter set.  The comforter felt scratchy, but the quilt was nice and soft.  The quilt would be a nice option for summer, too.  We have a memory foam mattress and our bed gets really warm, so I like the idea of a quilt.

{source}

I'm loving the deep teal of this duvet cover, as well.  I like having duvet covers, because they're so easy to pop in the washer when they get dirty.  With two dogs in the house, it's a requirement to have a bedding set that we can wash in our washing machine - I don't like to have laundry that I have to take to the laundromat in order to get it clean.

So, after my bright idea, now I have 5 paint colors that I really like AND 6 different bedding sets.  I'm thinking I should probably put the bedroom redecorating project on the back burner and tackle some pending projects that I have like refinishing a dining set that I got from ReStore and building a console table for the TV in our master bedroom.  Maybe some time simmering will tell me what I want to do...

Has anyone else ever experienced design block?  Or an overwhelming number of ideas and problems narrowing them down??

Linked up here...




2 Responses to Decorating the Bedroom: Part 2

  1. Bekah

    Have you tried any samples on the walls yet?

    Also - I have that pintuck comfortor in both blue and white. I love it! Haha it does tend to look wrinkled, but I like that look.

    If you want to see the white one in my room, it is here...

    http://www.countrymousetales.com/2013/04/it-gives-you-wings.html


    The thing I actually like least about it are the pillow covers. Which is a minor detail I guess, I just feel like they have no shape.

    SO ANYWAY - good luck!! it will get there eventually!

  2. Anonymous

    Thanks for showing me what the pintucks look like in an actual room! I think they're actually starting to grow on me...but in the grey. They have a duvet option for it, too which made me soooooo happy.

    I haven't gotten as far as putting samples on the wall yet...I can't decide what colors I want to get samples of! I think I might have to just bite the bullet and get paint samples in all of the colors I like, since I can't really narrow any of them down. I have managed to pick out paint colors for our home office and our master bathroom along the way, though!

Leave a Reply