Decorative Push Pins

Posted by Anonymous on Monday, April 8, 2013. Filed under: ,

Once I made my pretty new decorative cork board, I knew I couldn't use boring metal pushpins (or worse, those ugly colored plastic ones) on the pretty damask print.  When I was at Hobby Lobby, I found these adorable glittery buttons in both silver and green.  They were cheap, and came in two sizes so I had a little bit of variety to work with.


So I grabbed my cute buttons, some thumb tacks I bought from Target, and some quick hold e6000.  I love E6000 glue, but the quick hold is even better in my mind because it adheres more quickly than normal E6000.  I spread out some wax paper on my kitchen table - because if there is even the slightest chance I can make a mess, I'll find a way to do it - and went to town.


I applied a dab of the E6000 to each thumb tack, then waited a few seconds for the glue to get a little tacky. Then I mushed the thumb tack on to the back of my buttons, and in no time at all I had a sea of button thumb tacks.


With some of my buttons, I glued the smaller sized button on to the larger size in the alternating color, but apparently I didn't take any photos of that step.

I let them dry for 24 hours, and that was it!  Pretty thumb tacks to match my pretty cork board.


I'm not sure what that line is right to the right of the thumb tack, but don't you love the polka dots?  That is actually my desk.  Post on that to come!




No Responses to Decorative Push Pins

Leave a Reply