NaBloPoMo - Day 2!

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, October 2, 2013. Filed under:

So, the prompt for Day 2 is "What is your favorite autumnal flavor?"

I'm having a bit of a challenge thinking of this one.  The first flavors that spring to mind when I think of autumn are pumpkin - of course - and apple cinnamon.  But guess what?  I'm the world's pickiest eater and I'm not really a big fan of either one of those.  They smell delicious and every year I love to sniff the pumpkin spice candles, and even stock up on a few, but the taste of pumpkin makes me gag.  I also don't like the texture of baked apples.  They're too mushy!

However, a farm/pumpkin patch near my home has the world's most amazing make-your-own caramel apple bar.  They let you pick your own apple, then they slice it up for you and cover it with tons of warm gooey caramel.  You then get to add your own toppings.  Rainbow sprinkles, nuts, chocolate chips - dump on as many as you want!  From a girl who loooooooooves the toppings at the dessert bar in buffets, it's like a slice of fall heaven.

{Source}
I know for some people half the fun of a caramel apple is eating it off of the stick, but I absolutely love that they slice it up for me and I can dig in with a spork.  Who doesn't love a good spork?

If you ever find yourself in southeastern Wisconsin around autumn, I highly recommend a trip to The Elegant Farmer.  Their caramel apples can't be beat, and they have a deli full of fantastic foods.  Around here, they're really well known for their apple pies baked in a brown paper bag.  Due to my aversion of baked apples, I've never personally tried one, but my family assures me that they are delicious!

They also have gourmet cheese and caramel popcorn.  So good!!!!!

Now that I've got myself thinking about those caramel apples, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to head down the road to the Elegant Farmer this weekend and indulge in one.  :)

No Responses to NaBloPoMo - Day 2!

Leave a Reply