Kid's Tote Bag

Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, November 27, 2012. Filed under:

Hope everyone had an excellent Thanksgiving!  I got to spend some quality time with Sister-in-Law, who I haven't been able to spend time with in AGES, and we bonded over our addiction to the Investigation Discovery Channel.  Not going to lie, that's one of the channels that I miss most since Husband and I got rid of cable.  I'm hoping once I get back to work and our bills get paid off, we can get cable back and I can re-immerse myself in crime shows and HGTV and the diy Network.  After that, I went to Mom's house, where I turned Thanksgiving in to a finger-food meal: a chunk of turkey that I shredded with my fingers and a few Crescent rolls.  I don't know why, but I'm oddly addicted to Crescent rolls.


I keep intending to try homemade recipes to make crescent rolls, but I haven't gotten around to it.  I will though, because those flaky, buttery delicious morsels are so good, and there has to be a way to make them that's even better than in the can.  We did some morning shopping, then I picked up Niece that afternoon and we had a sleepover.  She colored a little bit with last week's Crazy Donut Crayons which do color, but only if you hold them one specific way because of the dye separating from the rest of the wax.  This week, we painted a tote bag for her.

Last time I was at JoAnn Fabrics, I picked up some flexible fabric paint, a pink tote, some stencils, and a pack of cheap paint brushes.  I put a fabric-covered tarp over my kitchen table and let her go to town.


Niece was very precise about where she painted her different flowers and stencils.  


Niece thought I was crazy for taking a picture of her hand.  She kept smiling and staring at me after I took this picture, waiting for me to take more pictures.  It took a while for me to explain the meaning of candid photos, but we got there.


And we all know it's not a true craft project if you don't end up the same color as your project.  I'm pretty proud of Niece; she understands this concept well.


And the final project.  I love doing kid crafts - they're so fun and so much more "free".  When I'm doing something as a gift or for my home, it's easy to get wrapped up in the pressure to make it "perfect".  When you're having fun with kids it reduces crafting back to the pure, the simple, and the just plain fun.  Of course, the fabric-covered tarp helped with that as well.










No Responses to Kid's Tote Bag

Leave a Reply