Homemade Gift Tags

Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, December 12, 2012. Filed under: ,



Now that I have my handy dandy Silhouette Cameo, I really didn't want to spend money on gift tags.  I have more than enough cardstock and ribbon lying around my house to make hundreds of tags, and I think the ones that hang are cute.  The wrapping paper that I bought this year has a cream and dark red color scheme, and I've got tons of dark red cardstock left over from making my wedding invitations.  I also had some yarn left over from our front door "wreath" that was kind of a country rustic feel, so country rustic was the look for the year.  I cut some tag shapes out of cream cardstock with the Cameo, then did some snowmen outlines and some snowflake outlines out of the dark red cardstock.


I just attached the shapes to the tags using rubber cement.  I liked having the brush in the lid of the rubber cement to get in to all of the nooks and crannies of the snowflake shapes.


Once that was done and dry, I cut 6 inches of yarn, folded it in half, and used a Lark's Head knot to attach the yarn to the tag, then tied the end of the yarn in to a normal knot.  Et voila!!


All made at no cost to me, since I had all of the materials left over from other projects.  The snowflake design was the free shape of the week from the Silhouette Online Store.  The snowman design did cost $0.99, but I still have credit left from the $10 promotional credit from when I first bought my Cameo, so it all worked out well!



No Responses to Homemade Gift Tags

Leave a Reply